the Foundation of Environmental and Resources Economists
1. The Foundation bears the name „Foundation of Environmental and Resource Economists” .
2. The Foundation was established by a notarial act drawn up on May 29, 1992 (Repetytorium „A” no. 3819/92).
3. The Foundation became a legal entity on the day of registration in the Regional Court for the Capital City of Warsaw.
4. The Foundation is supervised by the Minister of Environmental Protection, Natural Resources and Forestry.
1. The seat of the Foundation is the City of Bialystok.
2. The Foundation carries out its activities within the territory of the Republic of Poland.
The objectives of the Foundation and methods of their realization
The objective of the Foundation is the support of statutory activities of the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists – the Polish Division by:
- disseminating knowledge in the area of environmental economics,
- extending contacts with national and foreign experts concentrated on problems of environmental economics,
- drawing around the idea of the Foundation national and foreign scientists, teachers and economic and social activists.
The Foundation realizes its statutory objectives by:
1. organizing and conducting scientific research, consulting and environmental expertise,
- participating and organizing competitions, conferences, seminars which deal with the Foundation’s statutory objectives,
3. inspiring and conducting journalistic activities,
4. conducting training sessions and organizing information programs on environmental economics,
5. cooperating in the area of statutory objectives with national and foreign scientific, socio-economic and economic organizations.
6. carrying out economic activity in the area of :
- publishing, promotion and sale of literature,
- economic and environmental consulting.
The Foundation’s assets and income
The Foundation’s financial assets consist of the Initial Fund which amounts to the total Polish Zloty 12.000.000 (twelve million zloty). Means for the realization of the Foundation’s objectives come from:
- last wills and testaments, endowments, grants and legacies both domestic and foreign, and other from national and foreign persons and legal entities,
- income from collections organized by the Foundation,
- income from economic activity, publishing and consulting,
- contributions from members supporting the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists – Polish Division.
- authors’ rights.
The Foundation’s Governing Organs
The Foundation’s governing organs are the Foundation Council and the Executive Board.
The Foundation Council comprises of Founders and members of the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists -Polish Division.
The term of office of members of the Foundation Council is of unlimited duration.
The Foundation Council acts in accordance with the By-Laws it adopted.
The scope of activity of the Foundation Council includes:
- resolving the guidelines of activity of the Foundation and the objectives and programs thereof .
- appointing members of the Executive Board, empowering them to carry out the appropriate functions and dismissing them
- controlling the essential professional activity of the Executive Board.
- The Foundation Council appoints the three members Executive Board, including the President, Deputy President and Treasurer.
- The Foundation is headed by its President. According to labor Law, he is the executive manager of the company
- Two members of the Executive Board, including the President, give statements of will on behalf of the Foundation. One person, empowered by the ordinary Management Board, may give statements of will on its behalf.
- The Executive Board’s competencies include::
- managing the Foundation’s activities,
- representing the Foundation externally,
- managing the Foundation’s assets,
- establishing economic entities for realization of statutory activity,
- resolving to change the Statute,,
- giving information on the Foundation’s activities.
Liquidation of the Foundation
The Foundation is liquidated in the event that the objectives for which the Foundation was established have been met or in the event that the financial resources and assets of the Foundation are exhausted. The Foundation Council resolves to liquidate the Foundation in agreement with the Founders on motion of the Executive Board, by 2/3 majority votes, in the presence of at least half of the members of the Foundation Council.
Following the Foundation’ liquidation the remaining financial assets will be placed at the disposal of the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists – The Polish Division with its seat in Krakow.
The Management Board informs the Minister of Environmental Protection, Natural Resources and Forestry of the liquidation of the Foundation.